Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?

What a wonderful example of how one simple act of kindness can have such huge effects! When I heard of the story of the Starbuck's in Florida that experienced people paying for the driver behind them all day long I just smiled. I have always believed that in order to make a difference in this world we need to "be the change" we want to see. It was just so encouraging to see such a display of random people perpetuating that notion.

According to news reports Arthur Rosenfeld began this chain of generosity in a purposeful effort to “change the consciousness” after experiencing the angry honking person behind him. My mother who died recently used to say: “Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?”

1 comment:

Elana said...

I do love you so much , I am so blessed to call you my sister...and my friend .~me